Throw some weave magic on your walls with these fabric frames to add some colour and warmth to your homes. Let them speak to you and pin your vision board, photographs, words of affirmation and many more. Time to play and get crafty with our DIY Circular Hoop Frames Kit.
What You’ll Need:
- Embroidery hoop
- Fabric scraps
- Cork board
- Jute strings
- Glue (optional)
- Place the inner ring of the embroidery hoop on the cork board and trace the inner circumference.
- Cut out the corkboard and check if it fits the hoop. The circular cork board should be snug fit.
- Lay out the abaca fabric on a flat surface. Place the inner ring of the embroidery hoop on the fabric and trace the outer circumference.
- Add a ¾” allowance around the traced circle before cutting the fabric.
- Since the abaca fabric is quite stiff, bend or crease the fabrics around the inner ring. This will make the fabric easier to insert into the hoop later on.
- Cut an 8 ½” long jute string for the small sized hoop frame or a 14” long jute string for the large sized hoop frame.
- Insert the jute strings into the holes of the inner ring.
TIP: Use clear glue/white glue on the end of the jute string so it doesn’t fray and slips into the hole better
- Insert the circle abaca fabric in between the two rings of the embroidery hoop. You want to make sure that the fabric looks flat in the front.
- Trim the excess fabrics for a cleaner look.
- Slip the circle cork board under the jute string. Adjust the bolt at the top of the outer ring to make sure that the hoops are tightened enough so that the cork board does not fall off.
OPTIONAL: You can also glue the cork board to the embroidery hoop to prevent it from falling off. If the cork board is just the right size and is snug, this may not be necessary.
Congratulations! You had finished making a circular abaca frame. You are now a Proud Weave Crafter! Share your completed projects and designs with us by tagging us on @anthillfabric and use the #ProudWeaveCrafter #ProudWeaveWearer